Friday, July 10, 2009

Do It Well Or Don't Do It At All

My faith has been somewhat restored after the ranting of my previous post! I was speaking with my friend and fellow wedding industry colleague, Anizah of TrulyScrumptious! at the opening of The Gallery at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa last evening, and we both concluded that when taking on a task, it is really better either to do it well or to not do it at all. Halfhearted attempts invariably end up with mediocre results. And that's not the way to do business or live one's life, for me anyway.

Being second rate does not appeal to me, so I seek to be the best I can be, whether in my personal life or in my work. Work hard and play hard is one of my mottos. Sze of Creative Clicks mentioned in passing whilst at the same event that I seemed to be having quite a number of holidays this year. And that's true to a certain extent. If I go on a business trip, I make it a point to add-on an extra day at the end just to have a little bit of time to explore the surroundings in the hope of discovering something new or perhaps to just relax and be refreshed, in preparation to tackle the frenetic pace that awaits back at the office. If on holiday, I take my time to take in all that the destination has to offer, well, at least the attractions that catch my fancy. No group tours for me. I much prefer planning my own itinerary with my trusted Lonely Planet guides.

Back to my conversation with Anizah, I would have to say that she is certainly a person who 'steps up to the plate' when a challenge is thrown at her. Yes, we complain to one another every now and then about how exhausted we are with the demands that are placed on us, but at the end of the day, we share the same work-ethic of wanting to deliver the best for our clients. In return, we are rewarded with a sense of achievement and pride, and that really, is what it is all about.


Photo courtesy of TrulyScrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment