Sunday, November 15, 2009

Alumni

Student days are some of the best times for many. But how many of us stay in touch with those who shared in creating those wonderful memories? I have total respect for those who actively contribute to the running of alumni associations. It takes commitment, perseverance and enthusiasm. I've recently completed many terms as a committee member of the Flinders University Alumni Association Malaysia, including a stint as President. I however still offer moral support and try to attend as many alumni events as possible.

Having done my fair share of studying, I am also a member of the Malaysian Chapter of the Cesar Ritz Alumni Association. Local alumni chapters allow us to actively participate in get togethers and remain in contact with fellow Malaysian graduates. I also have fond memories of my time at Immanuel College and SMK Bukit Bintang.

What I am looking forward to is my primary school, SRK Sri Petaling's reunion dinner this evening. Celebrating the school's 40th anniversary, about 800 are expected to attend. My batch of schoolmates is pretty active and have kept in touch either in person or in cyberspace. It will be fun to catch up with old friends again. Kudos to the organising team.


Photo of me in Standard 5, courtesy of Nina Samad.

No comments:

Post a Comment