Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kuching

I have been in Kuching since Thursday. We are here to participate in the wedding fair at The Spring, present 2 fashion shows and auction an evening gown for charity. Both fashion shows went well and it is heartening to see our designs well-received by the crowd. More importantly, the auction raised RM1500 for the Sarawak Children's Cancer Society. When our work can do some good, it is an added bonus. It also has special meaning to me since my late father suffered from cancer.

It is always a pleasure to be able to catch up with industry friends during such events. It is also an opportunity to make new friends and get introduced to potential business associates.

Whilst the schedule for such trips is always tight, I make it a point to have non-work-related experiences as well. Something as simple as a stroll along the Kuching waterfront, stopping by a temple for a little prayer and indulging in sumptuous seafood at Top Spot. Being the fastfood fanatic that I am, I naturally had to grab a bite at Sugar Bun too. And although I didn't have time to make it to a coffee-shop styled Sarawak Laksa stall, I still managed to get a taste of it at Hilton Kuching where we are staying. When there is a will, there is a way.


View of The Astana along the waterfront.

No comments:

Post a Comment