Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Guilty Pleasures

Sometimes it is the simple pleasures that offer us some solace from the stress that is part and parcel of our work day. I get irritated easily, especially when deadlines are not met, when co-workers or collaborators are lackadaisical, when carelessness leads to delays, when clients are indecisive ... that's quite a list, no wonder the irritation. 

Anyway, back to my point. In times of stress, the simple pleasure that comforts me is a snack, a guilty pleasure no less. I can always count on a teh tarik, or perhaps a bag of chips, or a bar of chocolate, even better a slice of cake or multiple handfuls of cookies. Not entirely a healthy habit in the minds of the health-conscious but I am more than happy to indulge myself.

I don't smoke, I don't drink, but I have my share of indulgence. And if it puts me in a better disposition, I think why not? A few extra laps at the pool later will have to compensate. 


Toasted bun with butter and condensed milk plus a milk tea at Tsui Wah in Hong Kong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment