Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mid-Autumn Festival

Every year, the extended family gets together to celebrate the mid-Autumn festival and this year was no exception. In fact, we had two dinners last month, one with my Mum's side of the family, and the other with my Dad's. This has been a tradition since childhood and I am glad that my Aunts and Uncles have kept it up after my grandparents' passing.
 
Other than a feast at dinner, I particularly enjoy the weeks leading up to the festival, mainly because I am a huge fan of mooncakes. Having said that, I only fancy the traditional flavour of lotus paste with salted egg yolk. I certainly indulge but was a wee bit more careful this year not to overindulge.
 
To satisfy cravings in the coming months, I have stashed some mooncakes in the freezer. In time to come, I shall be defrosting them and enjoying them on my own, bit by bit. And no, I shall not be sharing.
 
 
Steamboat dinner to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment