Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jogyesa

Those who know my travel habits would be aware that whenever possible, I will pay a visit to a temple in the city which I am visiting to say a little prayer. It was no different when in Seoul and I made it a point to include Jogyesa Buddhist Temple as one of the 'must see's in my itinerary.

I often give thanks for the opportunity to travel. I pray for success in business and fulfillment in life. Good health for my family and friends. When at a place of worship in a foreign land, I pay close attention to what the worshippers do and try to follow suit. And more often than not, the locals will offer advice through gestures, particularly if they do not speak much English. This I very much appreciate.

Here is a photo of the many wishing lanterns at Jogyesa.


Photo shot at Jogyesa Buddhist Temple in Insadong, Seoul, Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment