Thursday, September 22, 2011

HK Family

A visit to Hong Kong would not be complete without a get-together with my extended family - a grandaunt, uncles, aunts and cousins from my father's side of the family. Whilst some of us keep in regular touch via Facebook, it is always more meaningful when we meet in person.

We had dinner in the vicinity of Kowloon Bay when I was visiting last month. I forget the name of the restaurant, although I've been twice, but the food is sumptuous. Good food and even better company, that's a great combination.

My relatives in Hong Kong are generous, to the extent that my sister and I had an extra box to check-in; 17kgs worth of mooncakes, Chinese sausages, XO sauce and tidbits from Ichi-Ban. I am embarrassed to say I only brought them pre-packed ingredients for Chicken Rendang from Raju's. Still, it's a novelty considering they enjoyed the roti, curries and condiments at Raju's the last time they were in town. I am going to have to pack more come January next year.


Photo shot in a restaurant in Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment