Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shopping

I seldom shop when home. Maybe it's because I am so busy all the time. But come holiday, especially if I am visiting a destination that is big in shopping, I do pretty well. Places that I've been to this year that fall into this category would be Seoul, Bangkok and most recently Hong Kong. There's a retail vibe in each of these cities and one can easily get into the groove of hitting the shops.

One principle that I always adhere to when on vacation is to enjoy. Sure, I have a budget which I try to stick to when it comes to shopping, but by and large, I buy whatever that catches my fancy, provided it doesn't burn too big a hole in my pocket. For me, retail therapy is at its best when on holiday.

This time next week, I'll be in Nepal. Ain't sure if there'll be much shopping available but am sure as hell going to try!


Photo shot in Hong Kong.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to share with you that Sophia and friends came to HK recently. They shopped until some bypasser burst out "OMG" after seeing the number of shopping bags they've got. That really made them feel v. embarrassed!!

    ReplyDelete