Sunday, November 20, 2011

Health

I try my best to pay attention to my health. As my family has a history of non-commu-nicable illness such as cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure, I make it a point to lead as healthy a lifestyle as I can. I swim at least thrice a week, gym a bit too.

I have my vices though. I love eating out, be it at nice restaurants, mamak stalls or fast food chains. And I don't restrict myself to what I eat. I recognise that in many instances, what tastes the best may not necessarily be the most healthy. Now that my cholesterol level is borderline, I am attempting to cut back on some of my indulgences, especially the oily, fried stuff. I also used to love Coke which I have refrained from for a number of years. I still love my teh tarik, original, nothing doing with kurang manis!

I do twice-yearly check-ups. A complete, major one in April and a less rigorous one six months, more or less, thereafter. I haven't been feeling hundred per cent of late. Not one to shy away from medical consultations, I've been paying visits to my family GP to see what's been brewing. Hopefully, it's nothing too serious and I am religiously taking the medication I've been prescribed. Despite being in slight discomfort, I still made my way to Melaka over the weekend for Shirlyn's and Albert's wedding ceremony and reception. Although I wish I could have indulged more food-wise, I nevertheless had a fab time.


Photo shot at Double Six Beach in Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment