Sunday, June 30, 2013

Food

Indulging in food is indeed a favourite pastime, and when the company is good, the experience is always the better. I'd like to think that I am not a fussy eater, well maybe a little choosy at times, and I try to enjoy what is placed before me without being too critical. If I'm out having a meal, I want to have a good time, and being too critical lessens the enjoyment somewhat.
 
I do street food - would you believe I have the mobile numbers of the proprietors of two of my favourite hawker stalls - I like bustling coffee shops, the intimacy of smaller, independent cafes and bistros, I enjoy dining in nice restaurants, having teh tarik alfresco-style, the list goes on. Whether at home or abroad on holiday, meal times are something to look forward to.

The downside to all the food? I have to swim more, cycle more and visit the gym more. And still, am losing the battle against the bulge! So, the time has come to cut back on portions. Just a little sacrifice that is worthwhile.


Cat fish salad at Erawan Tea Room in Bangkok, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment