Sunday, January 12, 2014

Making Time

A few industry colleagues recently asked me why I often respond with 'I am not interested' rather than 'I have no time' when approached to either undertake a certain venture or participate in a particular project. They claim that the latter is more of a polite way of turning down a proposal. I tend not to agree.
 
For me, one can always make time if one has interest. The 'I have no time' excuse is not one I readily accept. Whether in work or in my personal life, I always believe in prioritising. Everyone is busy, and everyone has their own time constraints to face. If there is interest, one will find a way to find the time. I certainly do.
 
So, I am honest when I say 'I am not keen', because if I am keen, time is never an issue with me.
 
 
Beautiful view from Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Nam in Koh Samui, Thailand.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this perspective. I have to agree to a certain extend.

    ReplyDelete