Friday, January 17, 2014

Traditions

My mother's side of the extended family has a tradition of getting together just before Chinese New Year to make pineapple tarts and kuih kapit en masse. My cousins, aunts and uncles would show up and take turns, with a short break for a sumptuous lunch cooked by my mum.
 
My cousins Siew Yoong and San are trying to pass on this tradition to their sons, Tian and Jin. So they made the drive up from Singapore last Friday night, did the tarts and kuih kapit on Saturday, and then headed back down south with their share of the goodies on Sunday. That is what I call commitment to a cause. 

Well, a trip as such wouldn't be complete without visits to some of their favourite haunts for local food. I was happy to join them at Raju's as well as beef ball noodles in town. We can always find a reason to indulge. More indulgence to come when they come back again for Chinese New Year proper.


With Tian, Jin, Tai Yee and Auntie Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment