Friday, May 2, 2014

2 May 2014

I am thankful for the birthday greetings that have flooded my phone and Facebook wall today, plus the phone and Skype calls too. I've tried to respond to each one individually but if I have missed anyone out, do know that I appreciate your well wishes and kind thoughts immensely.
 
As I reflect on the past year, I have learnt much. To live life to the fullest, to always be in a positive frame of mind, to appreciate the good in life. The most important lesson of all, to value oneself. Ever so often, we try to accommodate others and put them first, whether in our personal or professional lives. Sometimes this is warranted, but at other times, not. We, well I, need to be more discerning. This I will be conscious of as I begin a new chapter in life.
 
As I embark on a new year, I will take all your well-wishes with me. To appreciate good health, to be grateful for family and friends, to experience joy and happiness, to love and be loved, to embrace work and career, to travel the world and much, much more. Cheers to all of you!
 
 
Birthday lunch at Oriental Pavilion in Jaya 33, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment