Friday, May 16, 2014

Thankful

I am thankful for my family and friends with whom I cele-brated my birthday earlier this month. Numerous meals with great company are the hallmarks of a wonderful birthday.
 
Whether it's dinner at a restaurant, coffee at a bistro or a home-cooked meal, each has its own merits and I appreciate the thoughtfulness of those closest to me. I am not one to initiate my own birthday celebration, in fact, there have been years where I just let it pass quietly while on holiday, but when close friends invite me out, I tend to say yes. With my inner circle, there is no pretence, and most importantly no need for small talk.
 
This year, I need to mention Tze Han, Leticia and Tjun Hong, who together created a home-cooked dinner to mark the occasion. Much effort was put in, and the resultant celebration was indeed a meaningful one. To one and all, much thanks again and here's to lasting friendships.
 
 
Tjun Hong, Tze Han, Debra and Leticia.

No comments:

Post a Comment