Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Spring In One's Step

I was having a rather thought-provoking conversation with a friend on how different people react to disappointment and how our different characters play a role in the paths that we take in the ensuing aftermath. Well, perhaps aftermath is too strong a word to use, but you get my drift.
 
Needless to say, we all have our varying degrees of strength, fortitude and tolerance, and how we cope and rebound very much depends on our personal resilience. Life comes with its share of setbacks and disappointments, some significant, others less so. The challenge really is to overcome the negativity that may arise from such unpleasant situations, and forge towards potentially better experiences that lie ahead.
 
I am by nature an optimist. As such, I mostly accept such setbacks as lessons to be learnt and mistakes not to be repeated. And once I come to this frame of mind, I am able to pick myself up and soldier on. Being cautious is a good thing, but throwing caution to the wind in my opinion is even more important as one embarks on a new path. Yes, we take baby steps initially, but my temperament is such that it doesn't take long for me to walk with a spring in my step again. So, who's up for a walk?
 
 
Photo shot at St Martin-In-The-Fields in London, United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment