Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Stephanie & Faisaal

I had the privilege of being invited to be part of Stephanie and Faisaal's wedding in Penang over the weekend. Being on the guest list of such a milestone in a couple's lives is something I appreciate and am grateful for. Although I am in the wedding industry, I seldom attend such celebrations unless the soon-to-be-weds are relatives or friends of mine. But when I do attend, I always come away with an affirmation of love, that love in its many forms is possible for those who are open to it.
 
What made this wedding so special in my opinion was the friendship and camaraderie that were evident throughout the celebrations, pre and post too. The engaging speeches by my friends Han San, Kay and Kian, recollecting the past, regaling the present and prophesying the future, were thoughtful, amusing yet respectful, and more importantly moving, well-deserved tributes to a couple whose union we were there to toast.
 
As photos of the wedding continue to appear on my Facebook newsfeed, I find myself reflecting on the events of the past weekend with a sense of gratitude, that friendships, relationships and love are what brought us all together in celebration of one of life's most cherished milestones.
 
 
With the bride and groom at Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa in Penang, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment