Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Cousin In Taipei

My cousin Lincoln, originally from Hong Kong, has been based in Taipei for a couple of years now, as he is a co-owner of Artista Perfetto, a café which I managed to visit when I was in Taipei for the recent year-end holidays. I often make it a point to catch up with friends and relatives, when they happen to be in a city which I am travelling to.

I am one who values family ties and when that is reciprocated, then I will make every effort to meet whenever possible. I surprised myself at the relative ease of locating Lincoln's café, considering that a sense of direction is not one of my strongest suits. And having decided to drop by impromptu, I was lucky that he was at the café, despite it being his day off.

After having taken the obligatory photographs documenting the visit to be sent to our extended family, we had a good chat, among others, on life in Taipei and its attributes that appealed to him, prompting the decision to set up shop in a city away from home. Though only a short visit, it definitely gave us an opportunity to share news on the latest happenings in our lives and those of our families.


With cousin Lincoln at his café Artista Perfetto in Taipei, Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment