Saturday, January 3, 2015

Catching Up In Taipei

One of the highlights of my year-end trip to Taipei last year was the oppor-tunity to catch up with my friend Felix. The last time we met was at his wedding in Guam in April 2013. Since then, he has become a father, and it was a pleasure to spend some time with his family.
 
I was travelling with a group of friends and decided to stay on in Taipei for the first few days of the trip while the others headed straight to Tainan upon arrival in Taiwan. Other than having the chance to meet with Felix and family, it also provided me with some time to explore the city on my own, having not visited since I was eleven.
 
Felix and I became friends while he was studying and I working, in the ski resort of Leysin in Switzerland many years ago. We used to cook up a storm and enjoyed many meals together that reminded us of home. At times we would invite our Swedish friends Johan and Tom to join us too, and the former is one who I have kept in touch with as well. As always, we had a good time reminiscing about the past and sharing our plans for the future. Most importantly, such meetings cement ties and strengthen friendships that have been nurtured over the years.
 
 
With Felix, Ting and baby Elena, enjoying Ting's birthday lunch in a village in Daxi, Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment