Monday, March 30, 2015

Melaka

I headed down to Melaka with my friends and wedding industry colleagues Cindy of Beauty Haven and Calvin of Mphotoo, for work early March. Having recently secured Hotel Equatorial Melaka as a client, we were there for a brainstorm and to get to know the hotel's team. An added bonus was the opportunity to catch up with my Melaka-based buddies Ming and Mayang.
 
I first got to know Mayang in either 2000 or 2001 when she was a journalist with The Star. In fact, it was Mayang who gave That Special Occasion our first major feature in the papers, a catalyst that helped propel the business at the onset. As for Ming, I first met her when she was with Hilton Petaling Jaya, a few years after I became acquainted with Mayang. I remember presenting weddingsmalaysia's credentials at our initial meeting. We kept in touch over the years and developed a friendship.
 
Both Ming and Mayang had been pestering me to visit and when work finally provided an opportunity to do so, I had no excuse to delay the trip any longer. Indeed, great conversation over good food was the perfect way to end an evening in Melaka. I should visit again soon.
 
 
Dinner with Ming, Mayang, Cindy and Calvin at Restoran Pak Putra Tandoori and Roti Naan Melaka, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment