Sunday, April 19, 2015

Catching Up In Penang

Whenever I go on a work trip to a locale where I have friends, I always try to make it a point to meet up, either for a meal or even if it is only for a quick coffee. One can always find some free time if one really wants to. So I ended up having supper with Suan Bee, C Hun and Andy when I was in Penang last month.

Without fail, Suan Bee and C Hun will always bring me to a 'Hokkien Mee' stall that I have not been to before and this time was no different. I can never remember the names of the places, and I leave it to these buddies of mine to keep track. This time round, we were joined by Andy and we adjourned for coffee and cake after supper.

Great conversations are the hallmark of great friendships. Effortless bantering and multiple topics of interest make such catch-ups much enjoyable and refreshing after a day of work meetings. Indeed, such gatherings make work trips that much more pleasant.


Andy, C Hun, Suan Bee and I at China House in Penang, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment