Monday, May 25, 2015

Solitude At Sunset

Whenever in Bali, I always try to experience at least one sunset on Kuta Beach. Despite there always being a throng of people, I find it an opportune time to admire the changing colours of the sky, to do some reflection and to appreciate the chance of just being there. Being amongst the crowd also offers a sense of belonging, an intriguing thought considering it is a crowd of strangers, but with the shared experience of a beautiful sunset a uniting factor.
 
Although I have witnessed such a sunset on many an occasion with friends, the ones that stand out the most are those when I have been on my own, albeit with strangers all around. Some solitude is good for the soul, especially when enhanced by the beauty of Mother Nature. Often I find myself going through a range of emotions - gratefulness, joyfulness, sadness, melancholy, hopefulness. More importantly, I typically leave the beach with my faith intact, that there is much more good to be experienced in time to come.
 
Yes, the best is yet to come.
 
 
Sunset on Kuta Beach, early May 2015, Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment