Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Harvest Low-Hanging Fruits

I've spent the best part of 2015 so far, reflecting. Reflecting on how I can make life a little less stressful and a little more happy. The process has been slow and cautious, but absolutely necessary, a point driven home after having had to deal with extremely stress-inducing situations for the past three months or so. Some of my colleagues who work with me will attest to that as they too were embroiled in the fiasco of sorts. Well, we are now at the tail end of the unrewarding experience, and I can't wait for it to be over. It has also reinforced my decision to really only work on enjoyable projects and with like-minded people henceforth.
 
The second half of the year will be spent streamlining the work that I do, with the aim of making life easier and allowing me more time to appreciate the pockets of free time that I so rarely have. More importantly to strike a better work life balance.
 
As a good friend of mine often reminds me, time to ourselves is a much precious commodity.
 
 
Photo shot in Tegalalang in Bali, Indonesia.

1 comment: