Sunday, August 2, 2015

Durian

I am not a great fan of durians. I do eat them but normally only do so if friends or family organise a durian 'makan session' or party. For me, the company and fellowship are the incentives, rather than the king of fruits per se.
 
This past year, I've probably only had durian four times. The first and second when Mum and Auntie Anne packed some back from the market and pasar malam respectively. The third when my friends Shirley, Bunny and Nabil suggested we do durian for dinner at Donald's Durian in SS2, and the fourth when Auntie Linda and Uncle Jeff treated the extended family to a durian party of 30 fruits.
 
Whether the durians are of supposed top-notch quality or at a bargain of RM1 each mean little to me, as I always enjoy them as they are, with the people whose companionship make such gatherings memorable occasions.
 
 
Nabil, Bunny and Shirley at Donald's Durian in SS2, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment