Saturday, May 21, 2016

Catch Up In Hong Kong

I was recently in Hong Kong for my cousin's wedding. I made it a point to arrive a day earlier from Kuala Lumpur before other members of my family so that I would have some time to catch up with a few friends, two Malaysians who live in Hong Kong and two locals. 

I have always been one to realise the importance of nurturing friendships and keeping in touch, and whilst our busy lives may prove challenging to do so, a little effort and proper time management help. Some forward planning - locking down dates and times to meet ahead of my trip - made it possible to catch up over a meal. Food aside, the highlight is certainly the conversation. Updates on the latest changes in our lives, personal revelations and the like, you get my drift. 

In the age of connectivity via social media, such gatherings in person are catalysts for maintaining the momentum online. The trick is to find a few minutes here and a couple of minutes there of free time, to just send a short message to say hi. We can then take it from there.


Mong Kok MTR in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment