Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Great Wall Of China

When I first told my Mum about my trip to Beijing, she asked if a visit to the Great Wall of China was in the itinerary. I said I wasn't sure and made a comment that it would be fine with me if it was not, to which she replied how she couldn't imagine a trip to Beijing without seeing the Great Wall. 

Fortunately, it was one of the first few stops of the itinerary, and any hesitancy I had about the energy and effort required to trek the wall dissipated when its magnificence revealed itself and the fantastic views it accorded made the arduous trek, for me at least, worthwhile. 

The decision to head to the Mu Tian Yu section of the Great Wall was a well-taken one. Apparently less touristic and with much less of a crowd compared to Ba Da Ling, we were able to take our time on ascents and descents, with many a photo opportunity secured. As time goes by, I am sure I will appreciate even more the chance I had to see in person one of the seven wonders of the world. 


Mu Tian Yu section of the Great Wall of China.

No comments:

Post a Comment