Monday, June 29, 2009

The Good, The Bad And Everything Else In Between


Today is a classic example that life has its good, bad and everything else in between. What started off as a relatively smoothsailing day - I got my pass renewed at RTM without a hitch; then got my parking summon revoked, expected of course, all within 5 minutes was the surprise - got even better. What's there to complain about a lunch meeting over dim sum at Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel & Residence KL's spectacular Chinese restaurant? Shirley, a dear friend and the hotel's Director of Marketing Communications, together with Shumita from Chocolate Mousse, my partner-in-crime of the soon-to-be-launched 'A Virtual Treasure Hunt : An Online Search For Wedding Goodies' were perfect lunch dates and enthusiastic conspirators for the proposed launch event. The food, satisfying as always.

Everything else went downhill after that, probably with the exception of the nice swim I had under a blazing hot sun! I am not one to dwell on the little misfortunes that beset my afternoon, so those expecting dramatics will unfortunately be disappointed. Suffice to say, problems solved, though a waste of good time which could have been much better spent on more R&R on this day off of mine.

So, I now find myself hoping to round off the day in a good mood and on better temperament. And what better way to do so than to look back on the recent short holiday I took in Phnom Penh. That was just a week ago, and what a drastic difference in scenario that off day was, compared to the one I had today. Such is life I suppose ... the good and the bad beckon. The lucky ones are those who embrace the good and take everything else in stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment