Saturday, April 10, 2010

Venice And Florence

I was having dinner with a friend at an Italian restaurant and the subject about visiting Italy came up, Venice and Florence to be exact. Well, I would visit both if I ever travelled to Italy but the romantic in me would put Venice higher up the list of must-visit places.

Romantic notions of travel to Italy were initially stirred way back in the 1990s when I caught the movie Only You. Of the romantic-comedy genre, it starred Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey, Jr. It's one of those feel-good films that naturally has an endearing ending.

I am a sucker for good endings. In the sometimes chaotic lives that we live, it is nice to have something good to look forward to, an unwavering belief that well, things can turn out the way one has imagined.


DVD cover of Only You.

4 comments:

  1. I love love love this movie. The stunning scenery, the quirky story and RDJ. Am still searching for the DVD to buy. This one & Room with a View & Roman Holiday are my all time fave Italy movies.

    Have been to Venice & Florence. Was bummed to find Venice a little "smelly" cause of the water. My classmate slipped on algae whilst boarding a gondola! Ah, reality! Sometimes dreams are better.

    Florence is gorgeous, dreamy and ethereal.

    Is Italy on the cards soon for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to Vegas. You can check out all the wonders of the world in 1 hit, and the buffets are pretty aweseom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia says, for a romantic movie based in Italy, go for Room With A View.

    ReplyDelete