Saturday, August 14, 2010

Befrienders

We went to the Befrienders Kuala Lumpur 40th anniversary charity dinner last Saturday. By we, I mean 2 tables worth of friends of mine - some from the wedding industry and others whom I have known for many years - who were kind enough to support a good cause.

Auntie Mary has been a past Chairman of the Befrienders, and when she calls, we try to respond. Other than filling 2 tables, That Special Occasion also donated an evening gown as a lucky draw prize. It is during such events that one realises the good work done by so many good samaritans, often, volunteers who contribute tirelessly yet remain in the background.

During the dinner, a friend remarked that she'd like to start a charity of her own, a soup kitchen perhaps. I'll definitely chip in if, or rather, when it comes to fruition.


Photo of Bunny, Joanne and I.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to make the soup? :)
    If I'm in KL, will surely chip in too! I could make healthy cakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will only dish it out? haha!

    ReplyDelete