Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oscar Bailey

I am always on the lookout for new experiences and new challenges. Together with Veralyne, at first my client, then my industry colleague and friend, and now business partner, we are soft-launching Oscar Bailey today, 18 August 2011.

To be perfectly honest, the desire to embark on this venture came as a whim. I saw a beautiful pair of shoes by the late Alexander McQueen and I thought it'd be fun. My business partners would already know that I am not one to prepare business plans, not one to do much analysis. I just go with my gut feel and rely on my instincts most of the time. At most, I create a financial spread. For Oscar Bailey, I didn't even do that. I just called up Veralyne, invited her for a tete-a-tete over coffee one afternoon two months ago, and by the end of our chat at Backofen, we had agreed to give this endeavour a go, with me taking care of the business side of things, and her the creative and production aspects.

We are taking things one step at a time, with the premise being limited edition ready-to-wear designs. We are starting with six designs, with four sizes each, available at The Wedding Hub. And when one design sells out, we create another. Repeats are unlikely. We have also decided against custom orders. Let's face it, we are already up to our necks having to fulfill custom-made wedding gowns for our clients, and won't need the extra stress. It started just as a whim of mine and I hope it will be an enjoyable endeavour. A small albeit interesting endeavour. Fingers crossed!


Photo of one of our soft-launch designs in ivory with black trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment