Thursday, October 27, 2011

Goal

I always need something to look forward to. Be it a celebration, a holiday, a sporting event or just a casual dinner with friends. I like the anticipation. Come May 2012, I hope to be participating in the Singapore triathlon. My wedding industry and RTM colleagues, friends, cousins and I have managed to put together four relay teams for the event and we plan to register soon. Hopefully we're not too late and there are still spots left for us.

I do the swim leg and the Bali triathlon last June was my first foray into swimming in the sea. I enjoyed the camaradie with my teammates and fellow competitors, that is after I got over the initial apprehension about swimming in Jimbaran Bay! Since then, I've continued swimming regularly just to keep in shape. Now that we have plans for the next race, I've stepped up a gear in terms of training. I need to get my team off to a good start. In Bali, I raced with Richard and Lee Kuen. This time round, my partners will be Bunny and Lee Kuen. Our other three teams would comprise Chin Lai, Kok Ang and Ai Ling, Siew Yoong, Nigel and Katherine, as well as San, either Richard or Nabil and Soorya. We just need to sort out the biker for the last team and we'll be ready to register.

An event such as this provides me with a goal to work towards. It keeps me disciplined in terms of exercise. It keeps me motivated and energised. When I am doing laps in the pool and boredom starts to creep in, I think of the transition to my teammate for the bike leg and how well I need to start off the race. My friend Ray who does the half-ironman tells me that the sea in Changi is choppy. That's certainly another challenge to conquer.


Photo of Richard, Eileen, Lee Kuen and I after racing the Bali Triathlon.

2 comments:

  1. That's right Kris. You need to swim 1.5km in .... under 24 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no where near 24 minutes yet.

    ReplyDelete