Saturday, October 8, 2011

Prayer In Nepal

I always make it a point to pray when on holiday. For the opportunity to visit. For my family and friends. For business. For my personal life. For health, good fortune, love and happiness. To express gratitude for the good things in my life.

This I did at Swayambhunath and Boudhanath, two Buddhist stupas that are part of seven monuments in the Kathmandu Valley that together form one of two World Cultural Heritage Sites in Nepal. One feels spiritually uplifted at these places of worship, sharing a common bond with the throngs of pilgrims who have come from near and far. We may speak in different tongues, but prayer is a universal language.

My visits to Swayambhunath and Boudhanath have given me greater faith, stronger belief, that all will be well.


Photo of Boudhanath in Kathmandu, Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment