Monday, June 11, 2012

Alison & Steven

I meet so many couples in my line of work. Most remain as clients and at most acquaintances. Only a select few become friends. There are many variables that determine if we were to form a friendship. Chemistry, some common interests, effort and whether we 'click'. Fate plays a part too I believe. I haven't for the longest time attended any of my clients' weddings. I don't get invited all the time and even if I did, there needs to be some kind of affinity to make attending the wedding meaningful, worthwhile and enjoyable. Enjoyed myself I did last Saturday. When Alison and Steven first broached the idea of inviting me to their wedding, I did not commit, mainly due to two reasons. It was on my Mum's birthday and I didn't really know them that well at the time. I am still getting to know them, but as we spent more time together during fittings, I felt more comfortable RSVP-ing 'yes' when the official invite finally came. I would say it is a budding friendship. So as friends, newfound or otherwise would do, I made arrangements to have my Mum's birthday dinner a day earlier so that I could attend the wedding banquet, and blocked off all appointment slots at That Special Occasion for that Saturday morning so that I could be at the wedding ceremony.

I would say that Alison and Steven are one of the most loving couples I have met. A meaningful ceremony it was indeed. An apt celebration the banquet was as well. A wedding such as this reaffirms my passion for the industry that I work in. It is a shot in the arm that one needs when one gets slightly jaded, doing wedding related work day in day out. It motivates me. It acts as a catalyst. It inspires me to do better work. It makes one believe in fate and the promise it holds.

So here's to the both of you again Alison and Steven. May you both experience every happiness. Thanks for inviting me to be part of your wedding planning journey and here's to friendship too.


Photo by DeMomentz, courtesy of Alison and Steven.

No comments:

Post a Comment