Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day Lunch

As I come from a pretty large extended family, Christmas is almost always about spending time together over a great meal. As we had hosted a Christmas Eve dinner for my Dad's side of the family, I thought it would be a good idea to organise a Christmas Day lunch with my cousins, aunts and uncles from my Mum's side of the family. I actually only decided to take this on last Sunday which meant I had to work pretty fast considering the fact that many places would already have been booked up. I had been visiting the newly relaunched Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur on a number of occasions recently and thought it would be a good venue as it would be an opportunity for my aunts and uncles to re-visit the hotel which they last visited decades ago.

I asked for quick RSVPs. A few phone calls and emails later, we had our table booked. Having only been running since the beginning of this month, the hotel still has some teething issues but as I have already patronised their restaurants a couple of times, some concerns I had were ironed out prior to our arrival. Making an effort to sort things out earlier was indeed a blessing as Contango was packed to the brim for Christmas lunch. My family enjoyed the food, the setting and we had many laughs.

The festivities are set to continue tomorrow ... but I shall leave that to another post. Wishing all a Merry Christmas!


Having some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment