Sunday, December 9, 2012

More Than Shopping

Let me start by saying I love to shop when I travel, in particular when I am on the lookout for something authentic to purchase, items that reference the place that I am visiting, a product from a local brand, locally made hopefully, even better if crafted by an artisan rather than mass manufactured. However, shopping isn't the be all and end all of a good trip.

An original experience, a lovely view to take in, eating as the locals do, a gastronomic meal, spiritual enhancement, and many more intangible encounters add to the journey. These are the experiences that stay with us when we reminisce years later.

As 2012 comes to a close, I am grateful for the many journeys travel has taken me on the past twelve months. I look forward to even greater ones in the year ahead.


Beautiful view of Bangkok's skyline from the terrace of Zense at CentralWorld Bangkok, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment