Saturday, March 16, 2013

Local Content

An industry colleague was asking me the other day why I mostly feature local content in the weddings-malaysia publica-tion and portal. Well, it's a no brainer really. The vendors who support me and participate in the publication are Malaysians or based in Malaysia, so there's no reason why I should not reciprocate by featuring local weddings, created by local wedding vendors. It's really as simple as that.
 
Sure, we do sometimes have photos depicting weddings abroad, but by and large, either the bride or groom is a Malaysian, or perhaps some of the vendors involved in the weddings are Malaysian. It is not a criteria that I strictly stick to but I subconsciously gravitate towards this principle.
 
I guess the underlying justification to all of this is support those who support you. I'd like to think that our industry partners are akin to a large extended family under the weddingsmalaysia banner. Collaborative efforts enable all of us to cross-sell our services and in turn jointly benefit. So here's to a great rest of the year to all my industry friends and colleagues.
 
 
Cover of weddingsmalaysia 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment