Sunday, July 21, 2013

Eye Opening Experience

Eileen and Richard were back in town a couple of days ago en route from Yangon to the Maldives and we had a chance for a quick catch up over supper. Whilst we keep in touch regularly over Facebook, catching up in person is definitely much more personal.
 
I always enjoy listening to the both of them as they regale me with tales of life in Myanmar and the interesting circumstances they find themselves in from time to time, both in career and personal lives. I'd like to think that I am adventurous enough to visit emerging countries on holiday, although I have yet to head to Myanmar, a sore point with these two friends of mine, I find it hard to imagine having to live and adapt to the challenging environment over a long term basis. For this I have to take my hat off to the both of them. First Cambodia and now Myanmar, I wonder where next.
 
I guess I better make it to Yangon soon for a visit before they head off somewhere else. I am sure it will be an eye opening experience, one that will be seen through the eyes of my good friends who will be more than happy to show me round.
 
 
The three of us on a beach in Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment