Monday, June 2, 2014

Family Holiday

My sister Suk Harn recently gave my Mum and I a treat, a two week holiday in London, Stockholm and Istanbul. Having been based in London for almost a year, the plan was for us to spend some time travelling as a family towards the end of her one year working stay in the English city.
 
For me, it was a return trip to London after two decades, to Istanbul since 2000, and a first sojourn to Scandinavia. For Mum, it was a trip down memory lane as she read law in London, with her most recent visit being a business trip with my late father many years ago. The other two cities were new places of interest for Mum, and all of us certainly looked forward to the trip.
 
An all expenses paid trip, other than shopping money, is something no one can refuse. All three cities provided wonderful experiences, sights to behold and food to savour. Most importantly though, traveling together as an immediate family allowed us to strengthen our bonds, even more. We look forward to my sister's return next month. Rest assured, more holidays will be in our plans.
 
 
Photo taken at Drottningholm Palace in Stockholm, Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment