Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Danny Collins

Going to the movies for me is very much about entertain-ment. I seldom critique a movie and I seldom ponder too much about the juxtaposition of reality and fiction that is inherent. I am there for all intent and purposes to have an enjoyable evening out.
 
Having said that, there are at times, lessons to be taken away from a movie. The optimist in me will always appreciate a redemptive message, if there is one. I may also entertain the thought of what might have been, if different circumstances had led us to make decisions that might have resulted in us having taken a different path in life. One thing I know for certain though is that we are masters of our destiny. Sure I believe in fate, but I also believe that the choices we make in life are very much within our control. We are responsible for our actions and we ought to accept the resultant outcomes of those actions. There is however much life ahead to be lived. For me, the aim is always to embrace the good that life has to offer and to discard the baggage that hold us back.
 
Danny Collins was indeed a pretty good watch. And a meaningful conversation over teh tarik after the movie isn't too bad either.
 
 
Danny Collins, the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment