Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chinese New Year Mood

I am in the Chinese New Year mood. My work to conclude the year of the Tiger is almost done, well, just a couple more errands to run in the next two days. The cookies and snacks are piled high waiting to be consumed. The angpows for my staff have been distributed. The angpows for the elders are soon to be ready. I've enjoyed a couple of 'yeesang' already, with family, friends and close business associates. The new attire are pressed - one T-shirt, two casual shirts, five dress shirts, undies, boxer-jammies. Two swim trunks even. A watch too. Spring cleaning - check (well, not quite complete but it'll do), haircut - check, cultural rituals - check.

I am always in a good frame of mind come Chinese New Year. I feel ready to take on the world. I look forward to what fate has in store. A new beginning. Fresh perspectives. Renewed hope. The year of the Rabbit will be a good one for me in all aspects of life. Optimistic I am. Enthusiastic I shall be.

The days leading up to Chinese New Year are always exciting ones. The anticipation, a reunion lunch and a reunion dinner this year with different sides of the family, celebratory meals lined up, cousins visiting, some rest and relaxation, and yes, I am still eligible for angpows. So much to look forward to.


Photo of peonies by my friend Han San, perfect for Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment