Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Koh Samui

I was in Samui for a four-day holiday during the Chinese New Year break. My mum and I had coerced my sister into giving us a treat, seeing that she got promoted last year. Any holiday is a good holiday but this was made even better as it was courtesy of my sister. I hope she gets a raise again soon!

I love the sea and consequently love island holidays. Beautiful seascapes, the sounds of the waves, the gentle sea breeze, the sun, all combine to entice me to sunbathe just that little while longer. Add to that good food and a laid-back vibe, what's there not to love about Samui? I could have easily stayed on for a few more days if work schedules had permitted. I suppose there is an excuse to return in the future then.

Combining a relaxing holiday at a relatively easygoing locale and Chinese New Year is a perfect way to start the year of the Rabbit. I come back refreshed and reinvigorated. I appreciate the opportunity to travel. I relish the experiences that such sojourns bestow. More importantly, I come back wanting to work harder, so that I may indulge in more travel soon.


Photo shot at The Kala in Koh Samui, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment