Monday, February 14, 2011

Recycling

Due to the influence of my cousin San, we are all, well some of us anyways, trying to be a bit more environmentally conscious. This past Christmas, I received a nice gift of decadent, calorie-inducing goodies, beautifully presented in a chest-like box and I suggested to my mum to make use of the chest this Chinese New Year as well.

With the Poinsettia, a symbol of Christmas still in place, my mum added to the chest mandarin oranges, eight gold nuggets and an angpow. I thought it looked pretty good, a well-executed recycling job.

As the world faces climate change and endures the resultant natural disasters, perhaps we should all play a small role in negating its effects. We have to start somewhere, and any little effort, when added up together, may just help us along the way.


Prosperity box during Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment