Sunday, February 20, 2011

Solitude

Sometimes it is good to have some solitude. Some time alone to ponder over things, to clear one's mind of clutter, to think of new ideas, to strategise, to enjoy one's own company.

I am rather busy most days meeting with brides-to-be, dealing with industry colleagues on their ad materials and the like. So when the opportunity arises for me to have some time out alone, I jump at it. Doing laps in a pool all to myself during lunch, a reflexology session at the hands of a brutal Chinese therapist, a hot chocolate in a cafe, even a one night stay in a hotel should I be so lucky to have a complimentary-stay voucher every once in a while.

I've noticed that solitude in a nice, relaxing environment helps me in my writing. I also tend to be more productive when editing text, I am more gung-ho in initiating meetings with potential advertisers via email, more gets done. A little time to oneself does wonders.


Photo of the interior of Notre Dame Cathedral in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment