Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Mood

I am finally in the mood for Christmas. I've been so busy of late due to the peak wedding season that I haven't felt the Christmas spirit like in years past. Well, after attending Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur's Christmas tree lighting last evening, I am truly in a festive mood. All it took was some egg nog, a few carols by the children of the Lighthouse Children Welfare Home, two servings of stuffed turkey with cranberry sauce, a big, huge, beautifully decorated tree and of course good company.

In keeping with the spirit of giving, and because I can be a prolific shopper on occasion, I hit the shops after dinner this evening and did some inspired Christmas shopping. I am keeping things simple this year. Practical, affordable gifts. I am still waiting for delivery of another batch of gifts which I ordered earlier and when they arrive, I'll be ready for the gift giving. I would confess however that I am terrible at gift wrapping. Fortunately, I have help in that department.

A large extended family plus a small circle of close friends mean that my shopping list can be pretty long. Still, I find it an enjoyable and rewarding experience, although I admit to stressing out those who assist me in wrapping by sometimes leaving things to the last minute. I hope to be better prepared this year. So far, so good. I'll just have to chase for the remaining order to be delivered soon!


Photo of the choir from the Lighthouse Children Welfare Home at Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment