Friday, December 9, 2011

Regrets?

A good friend of mine recently asked me if I had any regrets. My instinctive response was no. That is because I don't believe in regrets. Sure I've had my fair share of bad experiences, and an even greater share of mistakes. I re-visit these not so fond memories from time to time. They are a part of my past which I cannot change.

And because they are in the past, I seldom ask 'what if'. What if I had taken another route. What if I had been more patient. What if I had played another card. There is really no point in dwelling on what might have been if the circumstances were different. Instead, I keep on looking toward the future. I keep the faith in my aspirations. I hold on to hope. I search for better experiences.

To my good friend who has been down in the dumps of late, I would say 'when the dawn breaks, a new day beckons'. It is up to us to make it a good day. It is our chance to seize the opportunity to make better choices in life. It is up to us to improve our lot. We ought to be thankful for what we have in our lives as there are others who are much worse off. A new day marks a new beginning. A fresh start. Every little positive step is one which will lead us to a better circumstance. Have faith my friend.


The coming of dawn at Nagarkot in Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment