Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Friends In Hong Kong

A holiday is made extra meaningful when opportunities to meet up with friends whom we haven't seen in a while arise. I had made plans to see Felix, Elsie, Anna and Arjuna prior to my trip to Hong Kong, but catching up with Phoebe was a pleasant surprise. Felix, friends since my working stint in Leysin; Elsie, friends from the time we were at Flinders; Anna, my business partner at That Special Occasion and her hubby Arjuna; Phoebe, friends from hotel school at Le Bouveret.

I'd have to thank Facebook for facilitating the catching up. Just a couple of messages and I had set up a dinner with Felix, supper with Elsie, lunch with Anna and Arjuna. And when I arrived in Hong Kong and posted that I was enjoying the cold weather, Phoebe's other half and my good friend Danny who is based in Dalian, quickly commented that she was back in Hong Kong and that I should call. As luck would have it, we managed to meet the day before she flew back to Dalian.

Good friends are few and far between and I always cherish the catch up sessions, no matter how much trouble we have to go through to meet, no matter how much advance notice we need to give one another, no matter how fleeting or lengthy the meeting. More so when we live so far apart. We've shared many wonderful memories during our time as students, matured together as we entered adulthood, have been part of milestones in each other's lives. Such bonds that have been nurtured over the years enable us to be lifelong friends, and seeing each other whilst on holiday is always an added bonus.


Here I am with Phoebe. I met up with her the couple hours I had between my cousin's wedding ceremony and banquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment