Monday, January 30, 2012

Patience

A good friend of mine gave me a pep-talk yesterday about the virtue of patience and how perhaps I should embrace it in some areas of my life. I would be the first to admit that being patient is not one of my better traits, particularly on the work front and some aspects of my personal life.

My instincts always tell me to move fast, be decisive, take action. Procrastination is not something I take kindly to. Admittedly, impatience has cost me somewhat at times in recent years past. As such, learning to be a bit more patient is perhaps an effort I have to make. Knowing that different individuals have a different pace, different mindset is well and good, being able to compromise and have a better tolerance level is something that I will have to become better skilled at.

The aim really of this endeavour is to become more laid back and less stressed, have a more balanced perspective. It is a challenge somewhat but what's life without some challenges to improve ourselves? One step at a time I suppose is a mantra I should adopt. And as my good friend would say, let the good chi flow with a positive attitude. Wish me luck.


Photo shot in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment