Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tea At The Ritz Carlton, Hong Kong

Whenever the opportunity arises, I would make it a point to meet with friends if I happen to be in the city where they live. With their busy schedules and my relatively tight travel itinerary, we would always plan ahead and block dates and times, determined to catch up on the latest goings-on in our lives.

My good friend from uni, Elsie, invited me to tea at The Ritz Carlton when I was in Hong Kong last month. Kudos to her for taking the time to queue up in the morning to make reservations, an effort which I much appreciate. A leisurely afternoon tea amidst elegant surroundings, soothing musical notes from the twinkling of ivory keys, a perfect setting to reminisce about the past, chat about the present and plan for the future.

The tasteful ambience, the slightly hazy but still arresting view, the stylish fare and the company of a good friend, all make for a wonderful tete-a-tete. Certainly a memorable part of the holiday.


Photo of Elsie at The Ritz Carlton, Hong Kong.

1 comment:

  1. Wah, it's exactly one month ago (8 Jan 2012) that we'd tea at The Ritz! Time really flies! I want to go to OZone for brunch next time!

    ReplyDelete