Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Two Sides Of A Coin

This poster at Dorasan Station at the DMZ in Korea caught my eye. I love the positive spin to the copy ... 'Not the last station from the South, but the first station toward the North'. To the non-politically-affiliated, it spells hope, hope of reunification despite the many challenges that the two Koreas have to overcome for it to eventuate.

It reminded me that there are always two ways of looking at things. Invariably there are times when negativity gets the better of me but for the most part, I am getting rather good at looking at the positives. A silver lining is easier to locate when one is in a positive frame of mind.

Letting go of the bad and embracing the good is something that has taken me years to cultivate. I am still a work-in-progress, albeit one that is heading in the right direction, a good direction that is. A friend recently told me to throw caution to the wind. To live in the moment, to enjoy the process, to appreciate the journey. Another told me to live vicariously. Sound advice indeed. I've always known so but sometimes it takes a nudge every now and then to remind me to do so.


Photo shot at Dorasan Station in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment