Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Effort To Stay In Touch

Someone asked after reading my previous post if it would be too late to make an effort to rekindle relationships and stay in touch with extended family. Well, I would say that it is never too late.  

All it takes is a phone call, a text or an email perhaps. If there is a response, then take it from there. If not, move on to the next person. Simple as that. Thing is, we sometimes get so caught up in our own little world of work, nights out, holidays, that we don't make time to do so. We may procrastinate at times too. Some would say 'excuses'.

I don't profess to be great at keeping in touch, but I try my best. Lunch before heading to the airport to catch my flight home from Singapore on Monday provided the opportunity to catch up with my uncle and cousins from my Dad's side of the family. A little effort goes a long way.


Poi Lai, Moses, Nathaniel and Deborah at Yishun in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment