Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Do Or Do Not

Do or do not, there is no try. Wise words from Jedi Master Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back. A friend and I have been throwing this quote at each other of late, whenever we've been discussing overcoming challenges or tackling difficult issues in our lives. When one says 'I am trying', the other retorts with 'do or do not, there is no try'. It's quite hilarious actually but it also rings true.

For as long as I can remember, I have mostly erred on the side of caution. An aspiration to achieve? Put a plan in place. At a crossroads? Take the more familiar path. Troubled? Only reveal my emotions amongst my most inner circle. This has largely served me well. However, there have been instances where perhaps over-rationalisation has aggravated already difficult circumstances. So I've been trying to not over-think situations. OK wrong choice of words ... to just adopt a more laissez-faire attitude and go with the flow ... there you go. To recognise the opportunities that knock, the doors that open, and to embrace them with enthusiasm and courage, with a positive mindset. To put my best foot forward. To do the best I can, with hope and faith as my allies.

So here I am reminding myself to just do it. As they say, take the bull by the horns, wear one's heart out on one's sleeve, head into unchartered territory. With the hope of a favourable outcome, and moments that become milestones in our lives.


Yoda from Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment